Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- DO NOT eat food or drink liquids of any kind for 8 hours before your appointment time (this includes water, gum, candy, mints, or anything by mouth).
- If you take prescribed medications, please take them with a sip of water unless otherwise instructed by the doctor.
- Do not wear contact lenses, make up, hair pins, jewelry, nail polish or loose fitting shoes.
- Wear a shirt with short sleeves.
- You MUST have a responsible adult to take you home. Under no conditions can you drive yourself home. Taxi cabs are only acceptable if accompanied by a responsible adult. Please have your ride park on the rooftop by the South Tower, Medical/Dental entrance. Transit or walking home IS NOT acceptable.
- Have someone at home who can assist you and help take care of your needs on the day of surgery.
- YOU MUST NOT drive an automobile or operate hazardous machinery for at least 24 HOURS after your anesthetic.
- DO NOT drink alcohol or use drugs 24 hours before surgery (this includes marijuana).
- Call our office if you have a COLD, FLU or COUGH.
We will not be able to put you to sleep if these instructions are not followed and a fee will be applied.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
We require 2 business days notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment or a fee will be applied.